When you are shipping things, whether your sending things to your loved ones or for yourself there are some important guidelines to
keep in mind. Here is a list of the items that you are not allowed to ship:
- Prescription medications, including dental & veterinary.
- Prescription medical devices.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Contraband or illegal substances.
- Lottery tickets.
- Gambling devices & accessories.
- Rough diamonds.
- Human remains.
- Handcuffs of any material, including plastic zip tie restraints & straitjackets.
- Body armor, helmets or personal protection articles with kevlar or ballistic ratings.
- Military/tactical/police shields.
- Government, police or military uniforms or IDs.
- Military training equipment.
- Thermal imaging, InfraRed or other night vision devices.
- Rifle scopes, laser pointing & aiming devices for firearms.
- Defense articles controlled under the US Munitions List as defined under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
- Gasoline, diesel or other fuels.
- Lighters containing fuel.
- Meals Ready to Eat (MRE).
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides.
- Radioactive elements or products.
- Damaged batteries.
- Lab reagents, biologics, cultures, medical specimens.
- Poisonous substances.
- Toxic substances, including inhalation hazards.
- Infectious substances.
- Explosives, fireworks, gun powder, flares or matches.
- Skin or leather of snakes, alligators, crocodiles, stingrays, and other reptiles or amphibians.
- Skin, fur or leather of wolves, bears, elephants, rhinos and certain deer and foxes.
- Sturgeon or Beluga caviar.
Please keep in mind that in addition to the above list,
Anything illegal in the USA or in Greece would be similarly banned from shipment.
Additionally, avoid shipping items that tend to expand in high temperatures like aerosol sprays because they might damage your items during transit. [Shaving Foam, Hair Lacquer, etc]